Natural Products Expo West 2013
Highlights of the Show
It's always exciting for some of the WholeSoy team to venture away from our base in San Francisco to explore the fast growing world of organic, vegan, non-GMO, gluten-free foods! It's also an opportunity to meet many of the people who help bring WholeSoy onto the shelves of your local grocery stores.
Natural Products Expo West is the biggest and most influential yearly trade show for all things Natural and Organic. As you can imagine then, it's important for WholeSoy's team to attend to maintain a strong presence in this (fast) growing industry.
This year, we made great connections with WholeSoy fans, new potential retailers, existing retailers who want to bring in more flavors, vegan chefs, bloggers, and more...
More stores to carry Unsweetened Plain!
You have been asking for Unsweetened Plain to be available at more grocery stores and we let our retailer contacts know! Expo West helped drum up a lot more support and orders for the Unsweetened Plain (as well as other flavors too).
These stores have recently added Unsweetened Plain to the shelf:
- Wegmans (Northeastern US)
- Jimbos (San Diego, CA)
- More Whole Foods Market locations (nationwide)
- More stores will be announced soon
Whole Foods announces GMO labeling in 2018
Thank you Whole Foods Market for joining us in the GMO labeling campaign by committing to full GMO transparency by 2018! For one of the biggest natural food retailers in the country to require labeling for GMO foods, is huge for the campaign! The National Cooperative Grocers Association, just previous to this announcement. also expressed their support for GMO labeling. Can't wait to hear who else will join the effort next!
Read about WholeSoy's commitment to Non-GMO and the labeling campaign here.
We also had a chance to catch up and meet some great people:
|WholeSoy Founder/CEO Ted Nordquist (right)
with Jeffrey Smith (left) of the Institute for
- Miyoko Schinner author of Artisan Vegan Cheese (such yummy cheeses and recipe here!)
- Colleen Holland of VegNews (always a pleasure to chat with her!)
- Tofurky (our wonderful friends and supporters)
- Heather Goldberg of Spork Foods (she is the sweetest!)
- Compassion Over Killing, LA (thanks for your support too!)
- Monica and Brenda of Vegan Health & Fitness Magazine (love what they're working on!)
- Alisa of Go Dairy Free (check out their redesigned website!)
- Organizers of NOLA VegFest (Coming up 5/11-12!)
- Jeffrey Smith of Institute for Responsible Technology (non-GMO advocate and GMO educator)
- The Vegan Zombies (gasp!)
- Joey Shepp of Earthsite (helping us launch an expansion to our website - coming soon!)
Look forward to seeing you all again next year and perhaps meeting some more of you too!